Friday, April 21, 2017

What March Was To Me

Last month incredibly difficult
I lost my grandfather and everything felt so surreal
and still feels that way.
None of the close calls felt real
ever.
The time he had open heart surgery and had a heart attack on the table.
The kidney transplant. 
The multiple times they went back in after that. 
The first go round with cancer. 
None of that seemed real to me. 
None of that actually hit home. 
Despite the phone calls, and the photos.
It wasn't real.
I still can't believe it.
How could this have happened.
It was expected and yet so unexpected.
I told myself that this would be the last time I would get to see him
I didn't BELIEVE it.
I couldn't. It was not real!

I just sat there in the room thinking...
how does someone just not come back

I've made it this far and haven't had this experience

Is this reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment